Do you pack heavy or light? SMF art can be spotted all over the airport! This installation in Terminal A is named "Samson."
It's Flyer Friday! Meet Ashley Holly.
1) Do you travel for business or leisure? Business mostly.
2) What is your favorite thing about SMF? Everyone that works here is always so friendly!
3) What is your best travel tip? The earlier the better…for everything!
4) Peanuts or Pretzels? Pretzels - definitely.
5) If you could fly anywhere, where would it be? Brooklyn, NY.
Thanks for flying through SMF Ashley!
Sacramento International Airport and the TSA collaborated in Bring Your Child to Work Day. About 80 parents and kids got behind-the-scene looks at airport operations, ending with tours of the Air Traffic Control tower. Fun!
Today is national Bring Your Child to Work Day! One of the TSA agents is showing SMF kids what agents look for on the X-ray machines.
SMF receives 1st place for "Best Food and Beverage Program" from Airports Council International for medium sized airports. We are proud to support and feature local Sacramento fare!
PALM SPRINGS, CA - Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA) today announces Awards of Excellence in the 2017 ACI-NA Airport Concessions Awards.
Getting to Chicago has never been so easy! With four daily nonstop flights to Midway and O'Hare there is no reason to not experience the windy city first hand! Bring a scarf. Book your flights with United, American Airlines or Southwest Airlines
SMF sustainability fun fact! Our solar farm will soon be providing 35% of energy here at SMF. #SolarFarmComingSoon
The Erwin Pearl Pre-Mother's Day Savings Event begins today! Take advantage of these wonderful savings and stop by the location in Terminal B.
It's Airport Team Tuesday! Meet Nate Sengmany. Nate has been working at SMF for 17 years and you can find him at InMotion Entertainment in Terminal A.
1) What is your favorite thing about working at SMF? Meeting people from all over the world!
2) What is your favorite destination to travel to from SMF? Nonstop to NYC.
3) Describe yourself in three words: Positive, sometimes funny and hardworking.
4) What is your go-to lunch spot at SMF? Burger and Brew, for sure.
5) Stairs or elevator? Stairs.
SMF is happy to have you Nate!
How about this for a delicious combo! Find the Luau Chicken Salad and Tito's Harvest Cocktail at the Iron Horse Tavern in Terminal A.
Lucky SMF passengers received a sweet Easter treat today when we surprised them with truffles in the concourse!
Spring is in full "swing." Get it? We knew you would. Stop by the PGA Tour Shop in either terminal and get the latest and greatest gear to keep up with the pros. From apparel to accessories the PGA Tour Shop has you covered.
Did you know SMF will have 14 nonstop flights a day to San Diego starting in June? That's more than a dozen ways everyday to get yourself to the Southern California sun with the help of Southwest Airlines or Alaska Airlines. Grab your sunhat and plan your trip today!
It’s Dispatcher Appreciation Week! Meet Carlos D. Peixoto. Carlos spends his days monitoring 800+ airport cameras, dispatching fire and police teams when needed, and is fueled by coffee.
1. How long have you worked at SMF? Two years.
2. What is your favorite thing about working at SMF? Working with a great team of people.
3. Describe yourself in three words: Helpful, professional and understanding.
4. What’s your go-to lunch spot in the airport? Squeeze Inn
5. If you could hop on a plane right now, where would you go? Italy!
Thanks Carlos for helping make SMF a safe and fun place to work and play. We are happy to have you!
Mobile Passport Control is at SMF! What does that mean for you? Well, MPC not only expedites arrival but it also eliminates the need for paperwork to ensure getting through passport control is easy as SMF. Download the free app.
The Mobile Passport app speeds you through U.S. Customs and Border Protection at 1 cruise port and 21 airports. Download the Free Mobile Passport App! We are live at Atlanta Int'l Airport (ATL), Miami Int'l Airport (MIA), Chicago O'Hare Int'l Airport (ORD), Seattle-Tacoma Int'l Airport (SEA), San Fr...
Slamson from the Sacramento Kings and Golden 1 Credit Union's Goldie stopped by SMF this morning to surprise some lucky Kings fans on their way to LA! Like this post if you want the Kings to beat the Lakers tonight!
New nonstop news! Southwest Airlines announces new daily nonstop service to Long Beach Airport and Spokane International Airport beginning August 1st. Additionally, nonstop flights will be added to both San Diego and Seattle beginning June 5th!
– Southwest has announced it will offer new daily nonstop service to Long Beach (LGB) and Spokane, Washington (GEG) beginning Aug. 1. Southwest will also offer additional flights to San Diego and Seattle beginning June 5. The service expansion will make Sacramento (SMF) the 16th largest airport in…
The nonstops are coming! The nonstops are coming! Nonstop service to Boston on JetBlue returns to SMF beginning May 18th! Book your flight and get ready to explore history through the eyes of one of the east coast's iconic cities.
JetBlue offers flights to 90+ destinations with free inflight entertainment, free brand-name snacks and drinks, lots of legroom and award-winning service.
Want to know the latest on what's going on at SMF? Sign up for the Airport Insider. Our e-newsletter will keep you up to date with the latest happenings at the flyer-friendliest airport around!
Check out the new flights coming to SMF and their start dates below. Then click the link and start planning your Spring/Summer getaway today.
Spotted passing through SMF today: Capital Crew team on their way to San Diego. Good luck at the San Diego Crew Classic!