Our 3rd annual Run the Runway for the Janeway goes at 10 am tomorrow.
Here’s the important info:
• The muster point is at the airport maintenance garage, follow the signs to parking
• You can run or walk, $15 for students and walkers, $25 for adult runners – each and every cent going to the Janeway Foundation
• Please arrive a little early to register, get your racing bib and stretch
• There is roadwork on James Blvd which may cause slight delays
• Forecast is mainly sunny and 15 degrees – a welcome change after last year’s icy driving rain left participants quasi-hypothermic
• It’s a fun run for charity, meaning this is not a chip-timed event and you don’t get an Olympic berth for “winning”
• A number of people have asked about whether young children can accommodate them in a stroller or wagon. Of course! Participation age limits are for official runners/walkers. All we would ask is that your child remain supervised and you maintain normal pace.
• Last year some of the runners were blazing fast. Be warned that if any runner exceeds certain speeds, they may be classified as a jet and be subject to landing fees.
• Remember: you can run on a road every day, but run on a runway only a day a year – while raising funds for the Janeway.
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow. 🏃♂️🛬